Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Wednesday, 9 January 2013

The Waiting Game

Sorry for the delay in posting. It has been a busy month or so.

We eventually moved and now just about sorted in our new house ready for the arrival of our little baby. It really does feel like a weight has been lifted now, just knowing that we have the room to grow as a family. We moved 10 days before Christmas and I was 34 weeks pregnant. I felt slightly useless, I don't like not being able to do things, you'd think with the arthritis I'd be used to it by now. Moving this late on in pregnancy and so close to Christmas is something I will try not to repeat; however it feels awesome now we are settled.

Bump has continued to grow and continued to be trouble - since my last post we have had another 2 visits to hospital having contractions. First visit was New Years Eve, and again another good experience, they also tried feeding me up in case I was going into labour and the food couldn't have been more of a contrast to the previous visit. It wasn't slop this time, in fact hubby described it as almost gourmet. Bump had suddenly dropped and I no longer looked 8 months pregnant, and yippee some relief from the heartburn. I was having contractions but not dilating, the hospital said I had an irritable uterus. Wonderful! So they let me out and we went and celebrated NYE with my family. I hadn't been as hungry as I was in the whole pregnancy either, I had a good go at the spread mum had laid out, I was convinced the baby was going to be here very soon. We are still waiting.

On Saturday 5th I was in so much pain that I was in tears, it hurt to move. The pain was low down but no contractions. I called the hospital for advice who said rest and take paracetamol, this done nothing and at midday contractions started. They began 10-12 minutes apart but by about 8pm they were only 2-3 minutes apart. I was convinced that this was it. So a little scared I called the hospital who told me to come in. This time I didn't even freak out when I was taken straight into a delivery room. The staff were lovely again, I had the monitor again, they wanted to check babies movements as my little terror is usually very active in the evening and I had only felt about 3 movements since 6pm. They must have thought I was lying as, as soon as the monitor was hooked up it didn't stop moving. Contractions were measured again and I was 1cm dilated, babies head wasn't engaged and they didn't think anything was going to happen. Again an irritable uterus was making me feel how I was, along with a possible water infection which I will need to wait until the end of the week for the results. I was sent home and told to continue with regular paracetamol. This I have done, and had lots of rest. I do however have this little problem that I seem to be falling asleep anytime I sit down. Which I suppose is good as I cant get comfortable and sleep at night.

So today I am 37 weeks 2 days, so officially full term now. It feels like I have been pregnant forever and that I'm going to be pregnant forever. I'm getting very uncomfortable now and fed up, not helped by the fact my arthritis is flaring with the ever changing weather. OK, so maybe I'm just mainly impatient and want to meet our little one. I want to know if its a boy or girl now too. Off to see the midwife this afternoon and just trying to keep my mind active and fingers crossed baby will come soon.

I would also like to congratulate my friend at on the birth of their daughter on the 20th December, I believe operation is complete! Its been a long journey, but it is proof the end is in sight.

I am so excited to meet my little one, the end of one journey but the start of the next! Keep you all posted. As usual thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment