Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Friday, 20 April 2012

If its not one thing its another

So I'm sitting here, the car is all packed for holiday, but the question is will hubby be discharged and will he be well enough to go away?

These things always have immaculate timing. Last Thursday hubby woke up in agony with pain in his knee, obviously I thought he was exaggerating, but by hat evening it did look quite sore. As I cant drive his dad took him to out of hours, where he was diagnosed with Bursitis (AKA Housemaids Knee -which i found highly amusing) he was prescribed antibiotics.

However Wednesday evening he was still no better, in fact it was getting worse. Again the caring and patient wife I am thought he was making a mountain out of a mole hill. So he drove to A&E, and surprisingly seen quite quickly. An Xray and lots of bloods later they decided to keep him in. 'Sorry, what?'

Yes it caught me a little off guard it was the last thing I was expecting and so much went through my head but I tried my best to stay brave about it in front of him as I could tell he was upset. Then PANIC! How am i going to get the car home? Even though i knew i am probably well enough to drive now i haven't driven in 4 1/2 months - its dark, and I haven't got my glasses. Thank god for my parents, they came and sorted that out for me. His parents came too and we waited with him until he was put on a ward, at which point they took me back to get him some things. Eventually after dropping these off, and a bit of a break down when leaving the hospital I got home at 12.40. I sobbed, and my little Theo (the dog) done a very good job at looking after me but didn't stop looking for his daddy. I was not only worried about hubby but as I rely on him so much at the moment I was worried how i would cope at home without him.

I have done well though and hopefully he will be discharged at 12 and on our way.

Oh yeah I forgot, i thought I'd chase the EEG results to see if I can drive now - after all it was ONLY 8 weeks ago I had the EEG, and I NEED to drive. Eventually after finding out they hadn't even done the results yet, the secretary got the DR to look at them and called be back to say 'I'm fine to drive'.

Yes so happy however still a little nervous.
Life seems such a whirlwind at the moment, if its not one thing its another - wheres the light at the end of this tunnel?

No comments:

Post a Comment