Introduction

Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at www.arthritiscare.org.uk

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Wednesday 11 April 2012

what a lovely side effect

Its been a while I know, I don't really know where the time has gone. Sometimes things just seem to take over.

Following my rheumy visit and bloods, I awaited my unknown appointment with Gastrology, having no idea what so ever this was for. I turned up with mum by side; dedicated chauffeur for the day - still being unable to drive. In the appointment it was discovered the GP had referred me at the end of 2011 as my ALP levels on my bloods had gone above 400 when they should be a maximum of 200; suspected liver damage. Oh Joy! What a lovely side effect of my medications, so more blood tests, to the point my veins collapsed.

I went away from the hospital wondering what else can possibly be wrong and had 2 bruised arms!

I am quite used to hospitals and being poorly now, so when mum was taken into hospital I was quite shocked at how I just broke down with panic. I held it together fine when I was at the hospital with her, but as usual the hospital lived up to its general standard. Its strange I've never known my mum to be poorly, she never makes a fuss! I wish she would just look after herself - she was laying in a hospital bed STILL worrying about everyone else. Nearly 2 weeks on she is on the mend thankfully, but not sure she'd let on if she was still in discomfort.

Hubby is settled in his new job now which is fab and a relief knowing we will have money again.

I have an ultrasound Friday - don't get too excited not been successful in conceiving yet; its to check my liver following my gastrology appointment. Conception has to be put on hold now too, got to have an MRI scan in regards to seizures which is in May; but then it will be all go again.

The 4 day Easter weekend was much needed as I had got to  point of exhaustion. Back to work I went Tuesday and whilst it was a struggle I have in my mind that I go on holiday with hubby and the dog in a little over a week. Really looking forward to getting away from everything that's been going on lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment