Introduction

Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at www.arthritiscare.org.uk

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Monday 16 January 2012

Are we nearly there yet?

So unsuccessful first cycle of trying to conceive definitely not as easy as people make you think. But new cycle and armed with a fertility testing kit; we are going to make sure that we have the best chance possible to conceive this time round. My arthritis whilst still nagging at me is manageable so the best time for this surely? I am trying not to think about it too much and just wait for it to happen but it feels as though the longer it takes the more chance it is that my arthritis will stop me from to doing this. How long can I really manage drug free? After just getting past a horrendous flare up and dealing with everything else which comes with having an auto-immune disease (such as general coughs and colds which cling on forever); plus my fits which have resurfaced - I'm just not sure I could manage another flare up. Physically I'd probably cope but emotionally not so sure. So as much as we all hate car journeys when you get 'Are we nearly there yet?', all I want to know is 'Are we?'

This has seemed such a long journey even to this point; in planning to come of medication of which some had to be a whole year, then tests, then eventually being able to try but it not being as easy as you had thought (or hoped). So nearly 1 and a half years on from deciding we wanted a family I cant help but find myself getting slightly impatient. All in good time though, well at least that's what people keep telling me.

Appointment with rheumy next week, a little bit nervous as want to discuss the possibility of all my medical history actually indicating something such as Lupus. Luckily they are really nice and will hopefully listen to my thoughts and investigate but there is a bit of doubt in my mind that they might just dismiss the idea without actually considering it a possibility.
Then the following week neurology appointment which will hopefully mean I can return to work at long last.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you well,, you are doing a great job of keeping it all together, hope things work out for you and you stay flare free for as long as possible

    ReplyDelete