Introduction

Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at www.arthritiscare.org.uk

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Wednesday 14 December 2011

In that minute I felt like ME!

It was really nice to get out last night and see the lovely ladies I work with but I have to admit I was quite nervous about how people were going to handle it. I tucked myself on the corner of the table and was able to hide my fits under the table. Whilst I had numerous ones they were all rather mild and just in my leg so relatively easy to hide.

I felt a bit awkward to begin with and as though some people felt uncomfortable to make eye contact with me, but things soon relaxed and festivities begun. Secret Santa was amusing however not much of a secret when nearly everyone knew who got their Secret Santa (isn't it always the way?) My pressie from Santa was brilliant, a phone holder which will help stop my phones vibrating on the desk getting on the teams nerves and mini hot water bottle  hand warmers, absolutely fab for my cold and painful hands. I was pleased that the secret Santa I got was taken in the way it was meant (as a joke) and it got a good laugh. In that minute I felt like ME! However the reality came crashing down knowing that I wouldn't see most the girls again until February when I can hopefully return to work once seeing the neurologist.

I got home and was in bed by about 9.30 and it has taken me all day to get over my few hours out. I feel absolutely exhausted and extremely achy which hasn't helped the fits. Luckily I have slept a lot of the day away so I'm hoping I will be able to sleep tonight too.

What to do for the rest of the week? I might just make an effort to get dressed and not spend the whole day in my PJ's; other than that I cant see my week getting much more exciting and will probably resort to a DVD marathon. On the bright side Christmas is just around the corner which means I will have some company from the evening of the 23rd to lunch time on January 3rd. So this year I really am looking forward to Christmas. A few weeks ago I wasn't but after being stuck at home day in day out again and an inevitable time at home until my neurologist appointment Christmas has become far more appealing!

No comments:

Post a Comment