Introduction

Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at www.arthritiscare.org.uk

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Is it ever going to just be simple?

I start dealing with one thing then something else decides to rear its ugly head. I found myself in A&E yesterday as the fits I got over 10 years ago have decided to make an appearance. Surely it has to be more than a coincidence that I had these before starting my arthritis medications and now that I have stopped them.

Of course this trip was as successful as my hospital stays years back; all tests coming back clear and no further forward! So after 4 and a half hours having tests I was allowed to go home. I was NOT impressed with the cannula he decided to put in my arm when taking bloods; and he would not take it out! I could feel it and it hurt on my already painful joints, argh!!! I thought as I am an adult when I told him to take it out he would but no such luck, 2 hours I had it in! They took it out when I was a child and couldn't deal with it.

So it was suggested I go back to my GP; as whatever it is, isn't life threatening (thank god)! However how do they know its not when they don't know what it is. You've got to laugh, they didn't even test for the infection which was found all those years back and said to be the possible cause.

They also asked me to speak to my rheumatologist of which isn't an easy task either. I did however and they think its highly unlikely to be connected to my arthritis.

So doctors again tomorrow let's hope it will get me somewhere. I need it sorted, I want to be able to drive! Not being able to would be like not being able to see or hear or talk. Far too devastating to articulate.

Again I am stuck at home as understandably I'm a health and safety risk at work. Trying to stay positive as I don't want to get too down as that won't help but its so hard, its like a constant battle!!

On a positive note results from blood test 1 are eventually back and got the result we were hoping for so just a waiting game for blood test 2 results.

Surely things can only get better.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlotte,
    Sorry that you're having more probs on top of the PSA. Anytime you want a natter, you know where I am,
    love Jackie x

    ReplyDelete