Introduction

Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at www.arthritiscare.org.uk

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Saturday 10 December 2011

Porridge diet????

MMMMmmmmm, Porridge! Think I tried it as a kid but couldn't stand it but tried it this morning and its actually really nice and really filling, I haven't felt hungry all day.

OK so today wasn't too bad at all. My 4 1/2 year old nephew had been told what to expect and the other two are completely oblivious to it anyway. Most of the fits thankfully weren't seen but when on an iggle piggle ride the 4 1/2 year old saw my fit and look quite horrified but quite quickly composed himself. So his reaction wasn't either of the two suggestions he came up with it when he was told. Option 1 - Laugh at Auntie C when she shakes (his mum said this might not be very nice), Option 2 - Shake with Auntie C to make her feel better. Obviously the shock took over but it was a nice feeling once he had composed himself and came to hold my hand. Love them. So all the kids and the dog enjoyed the trip to the seaside; it was cold but so nice to get out the house and alleviate some pressure off hubby who seems to just constantly worry about me and look after me. Instead he got to enjoy some time with his nephews whilst knowing I was OK.

We got back and it was very cute watching the oldest of the 3 nephews helping his Uncle bath the dog, but it was quite amusing when he wandered off as it got boring and left hubby all by himself trying to fight to keep the dog in the bath as well as shampoo and rinse him. Next it was my turn, I had promised to make some biscuits with them - hmmm! more challenging than I anticipated, two 2 year olds, a 4 1/2 year old, an oven and saucepan of stuff heating. Maybe its just because I'm quite exhausted; after all first thing this morning I was struggling to even write an email due to the pain in my fingers. Even as I type now I am trying not to 'Ouch, ouch, ouch!' every time I key a letter.

One lot out and one lot in, a visit for mum and dad who had put a lovely Christmas hamper together for us. Don't know what I'd do without them; they do so much for me and always have, I hope that I will be able to do the same for my kids. Along with the hamper they brought the Christmas decs so hubby was happy as he has been bugging me since 1st December to put them up. I don't get all that excited about Christmas; its just another day. The day itself is lovely and I love seeing people open their pressies but the build up is what I can't stand. Hubby on the other hand is a big child and has also been bugging me to see Arthur Christmas so I took him last night; it wasn't actually as bad as I imagined and it had quite a good story but I wouldn't say overly child friendly.

So before decking out the flat it needed a bit of a blitz, so absolutely exhausted now. Tree is up and looks really pretty but I am looking forward to doing nothing else tonight and very little tomorrow.
So pizza and X factor final it is and I am guessing after a day like today I will sleep like a baby, well I hope so anyway. (That's a baby which sleeps through, not one which wakes every 5 mins)

No comments:

Post a Comment